SMART Tourism Destination increasing citizen’s sentiment of sharing local tourism-related values through gamification using emerging mobile Apps and SMALL Data analysis.
Duration: 1 September 2020 – 31 August 2022
Budget: 222.910 EUR
Lead partner: Dokuz Eylul, Turkey
Partners: National Gallery of Slovenia, Slovenia; Necmettin Erbakan Üniversitesi, Foca Ilce Milli Egitim Mudurlugu, Turkey; Stichting for Education on Agility Liberating Structures, the Netherlands; Université Gustave Eiffel, France
Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices; KA203 – Strategic Partnerships for higher education
Main goal: Encourage locals of cities to share tourism-related values by co-creating geo-referenced stories.
Description: the project will develop an interactive digital map, where the users will be able to post their feelings regarding a certain location in a city in the form of emotions, photos, video and sound.
- Systematically record feelings and opinions of inhabitants about locations, buildings, works of art through a map in a mobile app;
- Enable users to create stories and present their city on their own;
- Use data to augment cultural and culinary tourist experience;
- Train staff on how to use small data analysis and digital storytelling;
- Introduce Digital Destination Management training (Nutritional Chef and Cultural Heritage Operator) that will create and manage experiences in line with the wants and needs of users;
- Develop an Open Digital Badge that participants in online training will be able to put into their CV.