We look for and get to know Gal's favourite works of art.
- Preschool children (age 3 and up)
- 60 minutes
- 1,30 EUR (Gal's sticker as a gift)
After viewing a short film about Gal the Dwarf and his favourite works of art we explore the gallery. Interesting stories about a brave knight, beautiful ladies and mischievous children accompany the exploration. In front of the paintings we also express the mood of the seasons in song and dance.
After the tour the children are encouraged to draw their favourite painting at home or in kindergarten and to send their creations to Gal the Dwarf (National Gallery of Slovenia – for Gal, Puharjeva 9, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Gal is always very happy to receive children's drawings and paintings. He thanks the children with a letter and on occasion he helps to prepare an exhibition of their works.
Resources for teachers:
We recommend that before the visit to the gallery teachers read Gal's book with children and motivate them for the experience.
- Svetlana Makarovič, Kostja Gatnik: Gal in the gallery, National Gallery of Slovenia 2006
– Lidija Tavčar, Matjaž Schmidt: Galerija v vrtcu, v šoli in doma, Ljubljana, Narodna galerija 1995,
– Lidija Tavčar, Matjaž Schmidt: Vsaka slika ima svojo zgodbo, Ljubljana, Narodna galerija 2003,
– Lidija Tavčar, Matjaž Schmidt: Pozdravljeni, cicibani, Ljubljana, Narodna galerija 2009,
– Lidija Tavčar: Otroci, mladostniki in odrasli v galeriji. Priročnik za kustose pedagoge, učitelje, vzgojitelje in starše, Ljubljana, Narodna galerija 2001.